Monday, January 19, 2009

ESL Class at Iglesia Luterana Cristo para Todos/Salem Lutheran Church and School

Several students graduated from the first semester but I have only included this picture of me and Salvador because he is so helpful in class. He's the first to volunteer for role play...

These are some of the people who came to the Christmas party. We exchanged gifts, sang carols, had refreshments, etc. They gave me some nice gifts and cards.
(Rulon and I are members of Salem Lutheran Church in Springdale AR, the Missouri Synod branch, which is the conservative one, harking back to the reformer Martin Luther. Salem Lutheran and Iglesia Luterana...share the church. I have the privilege of teaching an ESL class there on Thursdays and Saturdays, at the requests of Pastor Mark Louderback and Pastor Tardelli-Voss. You will see videos, photos and updates about the class. )

4 comments:

Arato Girl said...

Sounds good! It's such a wonderful ministry and your students are so awesome.

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

That's great mom! We look forward to visiting the Arise service on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I went to a church names Salem in Chicago. Huh. Your post reminded me of it. I'm glad you have a good church. They can be so hard to come by!

Wendy said...

We may visit this weekend. It would be nice to have the whole family together. And great accountability!! And then next week I believe Julie plans to visit out church. Fun, fun!